Thursday, January 25, 2007

Just finished the journal paper

I've just finished the journal paper for TKDD.
This paper really takes a while to fill in. I even got puke for rewriting it.

I guess I've looked through it at least 15 times. I really cannot bear to read it any more.

I am wondering, to do research, should I put more effort to polish a paper or to think about the idea?

I really hate spending so much time on writing the paper. i think it's not worthwhile.

The ridiculous thing about current stage of machine learning and data mining is that all these papers tend to foster UNNECESSARY formula to make paper more easy to accept.

That's not the goal for research. i would like more to motivate the problem well and present some simple, intuitive, sensible and working methods!!

No comments: